Tuesday 21 June 2011

Hi I'm the new Girl!

Hi everyone!  Sorry it's been ages but I've been a teency bit busy dontcha know!  Well I started my new job last week and fingers crossed, its all going well so far!  My boss is nice (if a bit fly by the seat of his pants and hectic) and the lady I'm working with is loooooovely  :o)

As I'm working in the Facilities Team (for those of you that dont know what that is, facilities looks after the building and the services into a company like heating, stationery, security catering and any maintenance)  So since I started I have been trying to get to know all of the coordinators or pa's in each section and all of the contractors and other people to boot and my boss has given me some projects to start to look after.... phew, my head is spinning.

Anyway I managed to get to the allotment this weekend (dispite the rain!)  Weeded loads on Saturday and got loads of my squash and courgettes planted.  Then on Sunday I managed to get there early and plant my sweetcorn around the squashes - so its going to be a kind of two sisters section,  I will have to see how these work as I know  I am quite late getting these in the ground.  I came home with an impressive smug trug though!  New potatoes, raspberries, strawberries, gooseberries and onions!  also picked some thyme and oregano!  So the best pickings to date!

At home my chillis are coming into flower and my cape gooseberries started flowering yesterday!  Also I noticed this morning that one of my aubergines and a HUGE purple flower on it!  Its only small (I must pot them up, I am terrible!)  In fact, I dont know what I'm doing on here! 

TTFN XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment